Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Built Frontend for Cluster

I have a 6 terabyte enclosure. Four 1.5 TB drives. I'm running raidz, so the final amount of storage is less than three TB. But I am more concerned about the data, than the space. I had let the RAID sit for a long time, but having started back up on my Linux From Scratch project again, I thought I needed to back it up. I bought an additional 1.5 exteranl drive and backed my work up, but disks are disks. I had been backing up to 64 GB flash drive and it died, so time to break out the real disks. In the mean time I had a need to bring up a Rocks cluster and start experimenting again. So after a couple of false starts I was able to build the frontend for a cluster and reattach my 'RAID'.



login as: gramos
Using keyboard-interactive authentication.
Password:
Rocks 6.1 (Emerald Boa)
Profile built 20:08 20-Jan-2013

Kickstarted 15:38 20-Jan-2013
[gramos@cluster ~]$
[gramos@cluster ~]$
[gramos@cluster ~]$ df -h /NAS
Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
NAS                   2.7T   78G  2.6T   3% /NAS
[gramos@cluster ~]$

No comments:

Post a Comment